It feels like early spring


Shirt, sweater, pants and coat - H&M
Boots - Zara

As much as I dislike gloomy February, which this year was also so uninspiring, I adore early spring coming along with March. A week ago I gave myself a pre-spring haircut, yesterday I finally picked up my camera and went to the woods to look for spring signs. Instead, I found a cute glade covered by snow and thought I'd shoot one more look in a white scenery.

For the last couple of days I've been spending most of my free time focusing on Marilyn Monroe's life. I'm reading a psychoanalytical-biographic novel Marilyn's Last Sessions by Michel Schneider, which is so lovely. It's rich in many inspiring names of the golden age of Hollywood.
I've also seen many "MM" films, including: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Prince and the Showgirl or her last and unfinished and, to me, very moving Something's Got To Give. I've digged up many brilliant photographs, among which my favorite is the one taken by Bert Stern in June 1962 for Vogue (in The Last Sitting series).

This week I came back to Mad Men, and the moment couldn't be better. All in all, my look in a huge part might be inspired by the 1960s and classic cinema.

And last but not in any case least, Lianne La Havas - the flawless talent from London. I discovered her when watching Moschino Cheap & Chic Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Fashion Show. Her wonderful voice has become my everyday companion.


 
Forget by Lianne La Havas (Live in LA)

Comments

  1. love the combination and the fact that you get inspired by the 1960 and classic cinema! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to share it, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! I like your style!

    Azzurra-Bellini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your blog see mine at:

    http://labaguetteestalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like coat like this.
    I invite you on my blog: Blog PewienPan.pl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment