Sunday musings


I believe there is at least one day missing between Saturday and Sunday. Weekends deliver more time for setting creativity free and other secret pleasures. The other day I woke up feeling the urge to paint something from Twin Peaks. Although I haven't managed to say Hello to the canvas, my thoughts have been floating around painting. I recall wandering at the Museo del Prado in Madrid one year ago, where I barely was able to take my breath in front of Jusepe de Ribera's work and got a small book Dalí, Lorca y la Residencia de Estudiantes. Salvador Dalí is one of my greatest inspirations. Well, inspired by painters, I had finally left some mustache and made two photo shoots this weekend. I hope to publish the results next week. I have so many imaginary pictures before my eyes. To sleep better and not to feel overwhelmed by too many ideas invading my mind, I've decided to gather my concepts for photographs, including styling outfits, in a moleskine.
Besides drawing inspiration, I open and close Saturdays and Sundays with a book or film. I feel truly fulfilled after watching well chosen films. I can definitely feel that way this weekend and have already planned to see another John Cameron Mitchell's film, Rabbit Hole.
For the last two weeks I've been barely listening to any other music than the one from Florence + The Machine. I had been waiting very impatiently for the premiere of Ceremonials. Now I can't stop exploring its each and every nuance. A must-see is Florence Welch performing What The Water Gave Me in an ocean shell during the Chanel show of Karl Lagerfeld's collection for Spring/Summer 2012.


Breaking Down by Florence + The Machine

Comments

  1. Great blog, I love your style ;)
    (http://checkpoint-sophie.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics! I follow you and if you want we can follow each other :)
    http://justbeyourselfff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @t.sophisticated, @justbeyourself. - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your photos! <3
    Kiss from Italy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment