Bronze must-haves


From the left top:
1. Spitfire Round Sunglasses,
2. River Island Brown Feather Neck Chain,
3. Casio Stainless Steel Digital Watch, available from American Apparel,
4. River Island Light Brown Pocket Rucksack,
5. Zatchels Leather Satchel with Tartan Pocket,
6. Barbour Jackdaw Print Shirt,
7. ASOS Fair Isle Crew Neck Jumper,
8. Zara Double Breasted Trench Coat with Hood,
9. H&M Braided Cognac Brown Leather Belt,
10. Topman Nevada Tan Suede Desert Boots,
11. River Island Ecru Fairisle Socks,
12. ASOS Skinny Chino.

Despite autumn's been over for almost two weeks now, I'm still infatuated by shades of bronze - light, yellowish, mustard, hazel. Before letting myself to rampage on winter sales, I feel the need to leash my desires and organize them in some way. Boyish adventurer hungry for desert voyages - that's how I visualize my brown-hue-oriented inspiration.

Well, 2012 is already here. Besides feeling brown, I'm realizing once again that I'm truly hopeless in making New Years resolutions (or any kind of them), so I'd only like to write that I wish to sleep better, be more self-confident and unfurl myself artistically. It's too early for my dream of settling down in Paris/London/New York to come true, so I won't bother to dwell on that topic.

But what would a New Year be without any novelties? Still trapped in the Christmas spirit, I made some bokeh out of a Christmas tree and designed a new logo. I hope you'll get accustomed to it. Well, actually I have another idea for a logo, but I'm going to wait till winter is over since bokeh somehow warms me up. Another update - I've added a new blog page, Features. In that section I'm going to gather links to the places where my blog has been featured. Snatching the opportunity, I'd love to thank a young, kid sir named John who had invited me to an interview. I was very flattered and enjoyed answering his questions. And last but not least, I've prepared a list of films to see and books to read in the next months, how exciting. I've archived it here.
As for a new look, I shot a New Years one yesterday. I'm going to edit and publish it next week.

Have a good, successful and joyful New Year.

***

Hi Ley, how are you?  Thank you for participating in this interview.
Hey John, I'm quite fine! Thank you for the invitation. I'm truly flattered and hope to be a good interviewee since I've never done this before.

Could you tell the readers a little bit about you and where you're from?
Well, I'm a 24-year-old guy from Poland, a fresh university graduate. Art enthusiast, fashion and photography lover.

When did you realize you had an interest in fashion?
I believe it started with love for photography about two or almost three years ago. Ever since I've been drawing inspiration from magazine editorials, photographers and fashion bloggers. I've been following them online sincerely and decided to start capturing my own concepts for personal style in mid 2011. However, I guess I've always had a sensitive eye for people's styles.

Has Lookbook influenced your style over time?  Who are some of your favorite fellow Loobooker's (boy and girl)?
Very much. I tend to perceive things visually and whatever catches my attention also influences my style. Lookbook is a wonderful community that stimulates creativity and encourages to explore your own style. I love flicking through different interpretations of fashion trends on Lookbook and it definitely inspires me when I visualize my own outfits.
And as for my favorites, I'd say Nadia Sarwar (lookbook.nu/frouu) and Tyrone Williams (lookbook.nu/tytys).

The juxtaposition of your style of photography and outfits are great!  Do you plan these shoots out?  If so, what is your through process?
Thank you! I think that good photography helps an outfit to stand out, and in parallel, fashion is an excellent subject to photograph. Trying to work with both of these areas is very rewarding.
I usually don't plan photo shoots in detail. It rather comes down to enjoying free, cloudless days. When sunlight is good, I decide to make use of it, recall my latest concepts for outfits, go out with my camera and tripod and just look for a nice scenery.

Honestly, one of my favorite looks from you is Black Ballerina.  What is your favorite look so far?
I really enjoyed editing those photographs in black and white. I think my personal favorite look is "Painter's spirit". I like hats, floral patterns, mustache, pleated pants and the way they create some artistic accents in looks. I was inspired by Salvador DalĂ­ when styling it. Besides, I struggled to shoot it just before sunset and I thought it wouldn't work out because of the light.

Well, thank you Ley for your responses.  I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!  Happy New Year!
Likewise, thank your for your interest! I truly enjoyed answering your questions.


Everything Goes My Way by Metronomy

Comments

  1. I really like your blog and that's why I follow you! Especially your outfits are great :)

    Lin from
    theswallowlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog :)

    Great style!

    http://birkinboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LIN* - Thank you very much!
    @White List - Hey there, thanks for stopping by and dropping a line! So kind of you!
    @birkinboy - Thank you!
    @Suvarna Gold - Hah, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment