Dust of an old soul


You closed me with keys of drama and night street tears.
Left me lying in haze of tabacco smoke.
Turned away your gaze.
Took away bodily delights.
However, despite your cruelty, you made sure I wasn't left with nothing.
Before turning the keys, you'd clothed me with a thick cloak of insensibility and egocentrism.

After disturbing yet enchanting Martha Marcy May Marlene seen last week, I'd chosen another indie film for this weekend. The aesthetics of We Need to Talk About Kevin is mind-blowing. Photography, short but pointed shots, enriched by the soundtrack and Tilda's pure and flawless performance make it an absorbing piece of art. Crawling between before and after, reality and pictured anxiety of mind, awakens long untouched areas of perception, which I love about cinema the most. Certainly, a movie to go back to.

I truly adore a mind renaissance of visual and sound delights from the past. Lately, I've been recalling the beautiful Carnivàle and its soundtrack, by Jeff Beal, which I've been listening to passionately.

Have a wonderful Sunday. (Mine started shortly before 6 AM; why.)



Babylon by Jeff Beal

Comments

  1. you look very beautiful
    cool pics
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. grate photos, and the song is truly something<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this. <3

    -Imani Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING!. I AM NOW FOLLOWING. I hope you can check out mine and FOLLOW: http://the-proverbs.blogspot.com thank you for your time. God Bless!

    PS. Be sure to "LIKE" my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theproverbsmagazine where you can receive updates on events and outfits I will be posting on THE PROVERBS.


    steven b.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning!
    xo
    www.mydutchfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful post!!!
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all your photos in this blog, especially the editing, awesome..
    follow you already

    http://starsnapshot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's so nice of you!

      Delete

Post a Comment