Daily Women interview

Being interviewed is sort of abstract to me. Showing an interest in my point of view and, surprisingly, publishing it is truly flattering. I had that great pleasure of answering fashion-related questions for Olivia and Mariam, who run the blog Daily Women. You can read the interview here.
I'm going to have another lovely news to come and share with you this month, stay with me.

***

(What's your name? How old are you and where do you live?)
My name is Leszek, though I've shortened it to Le, to make it simplier and more linguistically friendly. I'm a 24-year-old guy from Poland.

When did you started blogging?
I launched my own visual diary blog in October 2011. However, I've been tumbling since April 2009.

How did you come up with the idea?
Everything started with passion for photography. Flicking through portraiture and editorial photography had led me towards fashion culture. At some point I decided to combine the areas of photography and fashion in a blogging space. Working on photographic skills and personal style (which is an excellent subject to photograph) can be very rewarding.

What does fashion mean to you?
It's a medium of expression, a sort of art for sure. A reflection of your persona, the way you live and the things that inspire you.

According to you, what is the most significant period for men's fashion?
The 50's and 60's. Classic style is quite resistant to changes and you may refer to it in your attire whatever the fashion trends are. I draw a great inspiration from that period and often find it really refreshing.

What do you think about the influence of fashion bloggers in the fashion world?
I think they make the distance between haute couture and style enthusiasts shorter. Bloggers can bring fashion culture closer to their readers and create a brilliant network of  fashion consciousness. Therefore, fashion world expands, becomes more available.

Do you believe that one day they'll replace the fashion magazine or do you think it's just ephemeral?
I really can't predict, although I hope they will neither replace magazines nor be ephemeral. Many fashion bloggers already do a good editorial work, magazines absorb more and more digital space. I think these two platforms work great along with each other.

In your opinion, what makes fashion an amazing world?
The art of creating beauty.

Is your style personal or is it inspired by what is already out there?
I try to make it as personal as possible. It should embrace well-matched attire, body- and mind-wise. Therefore it must be personal.
However, every day the way I visualize my style is influenced by whatever catches my perceptive attention. But isn't it what makes being inspired wonderful?

Where do you get your ideas from?
I think most of them come from the classics or fashion culture. By classics, I mean films, books, editorial photography icons. As for fashion culture, I find catwalks, magazines, street style blogs truly inspiring.

What is your greatest inspiration?
I draw the biggest inspiration from photography. It has led me to fashion culture and art admiration. I love exploring aesthetics and all the beauty of portraiture that photography brings along as a visual art.

How important is it for you to look your best and why?
To me, it's all about feeling well with myself. I feel well when I'm inspired (by photography, books, films, artists) and can saturate my look with that state. I choose an outfit that keeps me awake to everything that puts my thoughts on a right track. So it's pretty important.

Who would qualify to be an icon?
Someone who is talented, smart, art-sensitive and can formulate all of these values in his/her style.

Your ideal female or male would have what style? what would he/she be wearing?
In case of both male and female, classic, preppy, buttoned-up and vintage accents work excellent.

A fashion advice?
Stay unique, even when inspired by pop fashion trends.

Websites? blogs? other links?
You mean, mine?
monsieurle.blogspot.com
lszk.tumblr.com
twitter.com/monsieurle
lookbook.nu/leszek
flic.kr/monsieurle

One last/final word?
Dare to be rare.

Big Mouth by Santigold

Comments

  1. Thank you again for accepting :)
    You have an incredible style, love it !
    XoXo

    Olivia (one of the two creator)



    http://daily-women.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment