Freckled Magazine feature




A few weeks ago, when I received an e-mail from the kindest madam Ting, entitled Freckled Magazine feature, I was blown away. First of all, because I had never been featured in a magazine before, and second of all, because it was Freckled. I was already very familiar with this beautiful magazine, saturated with a brilliant selection of art. Reading it from title-page to colophon, admiring indie-landscape photographs, exploring interesting musicians, artists and fashion enthusiasts, while listening to recommended Canadian folk music (including Patrick Watson) - all of that has become one of my favourite quality activities for winter evenings. Being featured in the winter issue left me absolutely stunned.
You should definitely dive into reading, including of course two previous issues.

***

How would you describe your sense of style?
I like to keep it classic and preppy, buttoned-up. I also try to add oxford vintage accents or boho-chic twist whenever I can. I feel like I'm still experimenting a bit though.

How would you describe the fashion scene where you live?
Well, it's a small city, rather traditional, and I'd dare to say there is no such thing as "fashion scene" here. I feel like people don't pay too much attention to how they look, therefore they often seem to dress carelessly or follow safe trends at least. It's easy to stand out. You have some sort of exclusiveness and free hand to be creative and original. At the same time, that's one of the reasons I plan on moving to a cosmopolitan capital city one day.

Who or what inspires your sense of style?
Right now I think of two main inspirations: photography and fashion culture. I draw inspiration from photography, as a visual art, by exploring aesthetics, colors, shapes, patterns and all the beauty of portraiture that it brings along. And by fashion culture I mean seasonal collections, catwalks, magazines, street style blogs, models. Every day I feed my eyes with tons of editorial, fashion and fine art photography.

Do you prefer fall/winter or spring/summer attire and why?
Some time ago I'd definitely say the spring/summer one. However, lately I've been madly enjoying layering, bronze hues, knitwear, Fair Isle patterns and snuggling in scarves. So today I'd rather go with fall/winter attire. It somehow suits the contemplating aura of that time, which I truly adore.

Comments

Post a Comment