Addicted


It's been good two years now since I started exploring self-portraiture outdoors, through freeing myself in front of the lens settled on tripod and losing somewhere in the woods. Exactly two years ago I found that place by a lake. Some things haven't changed too much since then - wearing the same T-shirt that moment, being under high influence of liberating and powerful music by Florence + The Machine. It was, and still is, one of my favourite pleasures, to simply run or express certain feelings in photographs while absorbing the treasures of Lungs.
Today we have also Ceremonials and more records from miss Welch's live performances to draw a deep inspiration from. The other day (still confused why so late) I discovered three songs, unknown to me before. There couldn't be a better promo for the upcoming Snow White and the Huntsman than Breath Of Life, Swimming is just so lovely and enjoyable, but I'd point out the cover of Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love as the winner. A typical, divine sound of harp and Florence's effortless yet captivating mermaid tones make each note so marvelous. Definitely, their musical work is one of my all-time addictions, regardless current mood or seasonal music preferences.

This look was supposed to be monochromatic. However, I forgot about the red-tartan inside of that light, leather-like H&M jacket. Low neckline, leather bracelet and plaited belt add a little gangsta twist. I also intended to crease T-shirt and trousers. The hanging down belt I actually peeped in a video from Amy Winehouse's live performance. And the wayfarer sunglasses, they have a purple shade which makes a nice detail.

I'm off now to do some research into reports from the Met Gala, wishing you an enjoyable evening.




 
Addicted to Love by Florence + The Machine (Robert Palmer cover)

Comments

  1. incredible...i love you, your style... you are very handsome.
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool glasses! and nice blogwork

    Eyeful love's it!

    Jeroen
    www.eyeful.be

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment