Revealed, an interview


Some time ago I had the pleasure to answer a few questions for the Fashion blogger revealed feature.

Tell me a little introduction about yourself.
I'm a daydreamer, photography lover, art and fashion enthusiast. For a couple of months now I've been an university graduate, currently a full-time worker.

When did you first fall in love with fashion?
I think there wasn't a particular moment. My eye has been sensitive for visual goods, including attire, since I can remember.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I started a kind of scrapbook on Tumblr back in 2009, and I've been gathering there my inspirations ever since. Actually, in my very first post I featured the Flora by Gucci short film/commercial directed by the acclaimed Chris Cunningham, starring Abbey Lee Kershaw, and I've remained quite loyal to the content. Admiration of visual delights related to editorial and portraiture photography, as well as fashion culture, had pushed me to pursuit of my own insights into that areas, and therefore to develop my photography skills and personal style. As a result, in the fall of 2011 I launched a visual diary documenting my possible progress.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
Storage always too small. Music, recently: Django Django, Foster the People, Phoenix, Lianne La Havas, Empire of the Sun, Patrick Watson; constantly: Florence + The Machine, Amy Winehouse. Films (never not loving the 1950s/60s classics): "A Place in the Sun", "Suddenly, Last Summer", also "Mad Men".

What are your dreams and aspirations?
We shouldn't reveal them unless we don't want them to come true, should we? However, there're certain things that make me smile, such as cosmopolitan cities, photographing or writing.

What do you take with you on vacation?
A book, a journal, a camera and MP3 player.

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Jonny Johansson (Acne), Domenico Dolce, Stefano Gabbana, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Paolo Roversi, Alasdair McLellan, Amy Winehouse, Florence Welch, Xavier Dolan, Keira Knightley, Marilyn Monroe, Truman Capote, Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Skinny trousers.

5 random facts about yourself.
I don't have a driving licence and I walk every day over 10 km.
I couldn't exist without vegetables and fruits.
I enjoy solitude.
I'd be a full-time artist if money didn't rule the world.
I secretly want to live in NYC, London or Paris.

Your favorite designers and brands?
Designers as above, and as for the brands, I truly admire aesthetics of the latest lookbooks of COS and Acne - very neat, simple yet sophisticated. I'm also fond of Zara, H&M, ASOS or Topman, because of some interesting and affordable collections.

Your best fashion buy.
Some time ago I bought many fedora hats in different hues.

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it.
Long dark cape. Well, I'm also still looking for some steampunk circle flip-up sunglasses and a backpack with an Aztec pattern.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
In the nearest future London, because I've never been. But if someone paid for it, I'd choose Japan or French Polynesia, because those places seem to be insanely beautiful and absolutely contrasting to where I've happened to be.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Peanut butter with banana, truffle, seafood, vegetables and fruits.

You can't leave house without...
A bag or whatever to carry some everyday essentials.

What sites do you visit everyday?
Twitter and Tumblr.

What makes you laugh?
Irony.

What was the last thing you bought?
Book(s) - some biographies of artists/writers.

If your life could be a film, which would it be?
May I name four? "The Dreamers", "Breathless", "Factory Girl" and "Savage Grace".

Who would you like to be reincarnated as?
A bird.


 
Speak to Me, Breathe by Pink Floyd

Comments

Post a Comment