Youthquaker


She was the girl on fire with the silver hair close to her head, the eyes, the Viceroy in her fingers, the sleeves rolled up, those legs, yoicks! ...All you saw was her.
René Ricard in Edie: American Girl

I like the way a simple, laid-back outfit of a let's make some laundry kind has become wearable outdoors. Oversized denim shirt with rolled up sleeves, skinny black trousers and blue tartan plimsolls - everything comfortable, a bit homely yet stylish. On my way of searching for circle steampunk sunglasses, I've found that vintage substitute at home. More or less, they fulfil their role for now, though I'm still craving new flip-up ones. And to be honest, I really enjoy the fact that tip tied hair has become unisex.

I won't lie, youthquake - a 1960s cultural movement with Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick as its leading representatives - is a big inspiration here. By the way of reading Andy Warhol's biography, I've had the occasion to think more about Edie as an icon. Even though I'm still hypnotized by the Marie Antoinette soundtrack, I'm slowly moving forward. The other day I finally saw two classics with James Dean, East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause.

PS. Maybe you've noticed; I've changed a description in blog's headline. Personal style better suits the content. At the moment I'm visually documenting my style/photography possible progress and writing about inspirations that influence it (film/literature/music) rather than being a fashion newsboy.



 
Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie & The Banshees

Comments

  1. Great pictures! Also, I really like the wash of your denim shirt. Totally a fan of denim on denim!

    Jayvee
    stilodorito.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are trully an artist and I think this is too nice and simple. Bravo! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment