Pastel infusion


Not so many things feel as good as Sunday photographing during golden hours, especially when it's an afternoon in May heralding upcoming summer. That day I decided to try some pastel light garments - turquoise buttoned-up polo shirt, grey shorts celebrated for first time this year and white plimsolls. Rolled up sleeves and shorts may underline a minimalistic, neat and smart accent. Riding my bike with a tripod bag on my back, I must have looked like a golfer.

There are many inspirations behind that shoot. The main one is the aesthetics of a wonderful retro editorial story - Vacation - photographed by incredibly talented Daniel Riera and styled by Jordan Stenmark for the 15th Spring/Summer issue of FANTASTIC MAN.
FANTASTIC MAN ventured to the desert oasis of Palm Springs, California [...]. The Modernist paradise perfectly suited for a modern vacation in a modern holiday wardrobe.
Another inspiration is also related to pictures filled up with a Californian sun. Even though I don't have this book yet, I've already fallen in love with its collection of photography from the golden ages of one of my favourite cities from the previous century (especially mid-century!). Los Angeles. Portrait of a City from Taschen is my new must-have.
When thinking about sunlight leaking to the frame, I couldn't help but picture Alasdair McLellan's visual works, including the portrait of Abbey Lee Kershaw photographed for the March issue of Vogue UK.
Jonny Johansson's talent is another influencer. His Acne Spring/Summer 2012 collection has seeded in my consciousness a love for mint pastel shades and minimalistic tailoring. A good read can be found on the Interview Magazine website - an interview with this fashion genius from Sweden I found some time ago.
Well, infinite steppes could be an inspiration as well.

My Monday wasn't so painful as it often tends to be. It heralds quite a brilliant week actually, especially because of only 3 working days for me. I spent my day daydreaming about living in London. Tomorrow after work I'm going to snuggle down in bed earlier with some episodes and book, and on Wednesday I'll lose myself in chasm of cinema chamber watching Snow White.



 
Midnight City by M83

Comments

  1. you are incredible im in love with you. i hope you like my last SEXY outift,....
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment