Greenwich


These outfit shots were taken by the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London. I was quite impressed by the scenery, somehow dramatic, with the mood of old salons and historical film.

My just-passed weekend was all about Robert Mapplethorpe's works and impressions after watching two brilliant films, each featuring stunning performances.

Detachment, 2011. Adrien Brody may be my favourite actor, just next to Ben Whishaw. The cast includes also Lucy Liu, Christina Hendricks and Sami Gayle, who is somehow the new Mena Suvari to me (I praise her to the skies). The film lurks around such substantial topics as pain of existence, need of finding the rock that would help one to understand complexity of being, cultivating own consciousness through reading, benefits of writing the mind chaos out.

Moonrise Kingdom, 2012. A masterpiece. I marvel it in every possible aspect. Visually, it's so symmetric, sets are perfectly designed. The story is fabulous, I love the ways the patterns of adulthood are reflected by kids' peripeteia. I'm already used to the fact that Tilda Swinton is always flawless, and I beam with joy watching each one of her appearances. I also adore serious countenances of Frances McDormand. And the excellent performances of Jason Schwartzman, Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward left me wishing for nothing more.

I'm about to compose my playlist for the upcoming week now. What makes it so enjoyable this time is adding songs by How to destroy angels (I'm in love with A Drowning), Azealia Banks and Bon Iver (have you heard a little Natalie Portman, Bella, singing angelically?).



 
Keep it together by How to destroy angels

Comments

  1. Your glasses with the hat are just perfect!

    Wherever the Sunset is

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! your blog is wonderful and truly awesome!
    i'm following you right now! :)
    hhope you can visit my blog and follow me too thanks!
    http://www.misterpatrickjames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All black! Wow, I really like the outfit. Cool glasses too, it makes me miss the pair that I lost :/ haha

    Jayvee
    stilodorito.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment