The best art bookshop I've ever been to


If I had to choose a venue for a date, I'd go for the bookshop at Tate Modern in London. I could simply live at a museum, and the room filled up with art and culture albums from Taschen would definitely be my favourite. Names and titles gracing the bookshelves couldn't be more impressive: fashion bibles such as POP, Dazed & Confused, LOVE, i-D, Idol, Sleek, V, AnOther, Fantastic Man; Ryan McGinley, Erwin Olaf, Karl Lagerfeld, Mario Testino, Scott Schuman; Marilyn Monroe photo albums (ultimate favourites), Andy Warhol's diaries. London's Tate Modern is my definition of heaven.

P.S. From London to Paris. L'Invitation Au Voyage is probably the most beautiful thing I've seen this autumn. Louvre, Italian Renaissance painting, the Louis Vuitton voyage motif, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin's photography, background music from 28 Days Later (In the House, In a Heartbeat by John Murphy) - all this divine beauty condensed in a 1-minute video. Pure perfection. Breath in, breath out.


Pop Art Blue by Zero 7

Comments

Post a Comment