Carlton


Another outfit photograph taken in October in London, around the Carlton House Terrace. I found that place quite randomly, on the occasion of strolling down from Piccadilly Circus to The Mall. The Carlton Club, an elite gentlemen's club, and Pall Mall itself, are situated nearby and once happened to be the hub of London's gentlemen circles.
I like this Zara neckerchief very much. Its navy-blue colour, and red and yellow patterns, make it somewhat royalish, together with its delicate fabric.

Maybe I don't have an Advent calendar, but I do count down the days in anticipation of Christmas, unveiling each day another book pages, series, films or new musicians. The frosty, foggy and snowy weather outside appears to be not so frightful, since it adds more charm to the evenings, when I prepare my steamy mug of milky cocoa with cinnamon and honey, snuggle down in bed and start reading or watching movies.

I really feel like watching all the Christmas episodes of 30 Rock right now. The idea made me start watching the 5th season today, and I already love it.
Among the films I've seen lately, there was Immortals, in reverence for Tarsem Singh's visual genius (director of my favourite "The Cell" and "The Fall"). Another was a classic one, The Wizard of Oz from 1939. Perfectly fairylike sets. No wonder that one of them can be found on the cover of the book Designs on Film: A Century of Hollywoon Art Direction, which I've put on my Christmas wishlist, next to Tim Walker: Story Teller, Kate: The Kate Moss Book and Vogue: The Editor's Eye.

I truly enjoy reading Rookie, even though I'm not a teenage girl. One of the latest articles, which are always rich in cultural undertone, reminded me how much I love listening to the film music when reading books. Then I found a soundtrack that attracted my attention thanks to its melodies, like from the family of American Beauty, Angels in America or Carnivàle soundtracks. It was from Tuck Everlasting. I soon saw the film and even though maybe it's not spectacular, I believe it's a bit underrated. The story is likeable, the plot imaginative, it's mainly set in the woods, and the background music itself creates an interesting atmosphere.
Well, being still in a poetic sort of mood, I'm about to see Picnic at Hanging Rock tonight, and tomorrow The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Throughout last week, I've been also discovering some really brilliant musicians as well. One of them is the project Nine Inch Nails. If you happen to read Chuck Palahniuk's book, there is probably no better soundtrack to it. Currently I'm reading Invisible Monsters, and the album Ghosts I-IV seems like a perfect background music.





34 - Ghosts IV by Nine Inch Nails

Comments

  1. Everything about you is just right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bfff, too much time without visit your blog!!
    if you remember, you were one of my followers of my last blog (whatisnotfashion)
    Now I started from zero with www.smokyportraits.com
    I will be so grateful if you follow me in the new one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment