En route: memoirs from New York, part II


There is probably no better way to get from Brooklyn to Manhattan than by the Brooklyn Bridge. I guess the photographs taken when transiting have become cliché to the point that overused means classic, and I couldn't help but enjoy capturing the views. And the best soundtrack to the stroll would be by The Budos Band, already wisely used in the impeccable New York, I Love You.
On my 4th day I went to MoMA, which reminded me of being in raptures over Andy Warhol's New York from the '60s. There was also a wish tree upon which I hung my dream card. Then I went again to the Rockefeller Plaza to make it in the opening hours of the NBC store. The "Smelly Cat" or "How You Doin'?" magnets and Central Perk tees make the place so joyful, recalling all good feelings from Friends marathons at home. In the evening, I attended the festivities of the Fashion's Night Out on 5th Avenue.
I started the next day, Saturday, in Chinatown - the food mecca of the good and the cheap. Then Little Italy full of ristoranti italiani and SoHo. Sunday was mostly spent at Times Square, where the "Broadway on Broadway" show took place (previews of the Broadway classics).
Monday, day 7th. Through the Brooklyn Bridge I got to the Union Square, then up north to the Grand Central Station and the Flatiron and Empire State Buildings. The famous 1-dollar 2 Bros Pizza and the Midtown Starbucks came with a rescue when it started raining.


Origin of Man by The Budos Band

Comments

  1. sooner or later ´ill know new york! great pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these photos!!!!!!!!
    <3<3

    http://high-heeled-view.blogspot.com/

    <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are so amazing !
    http://soniaeko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment