On a coffee table: GQ Style, Autumn/Winter 2012


Between taking curative naps due to a cold caught while waiting for late trains throughout last week, and learning by heart the lyrics of Ride by Lana Del Rey, today I finished reading the A/W issue of GQ Style. Besides visually inspiring haute couture photography editorials, the articles are also quite striking. Among them, my favourite one is related to the boys from HBO's Girls, shot by Terry Richardson. On a side note, the series comes back with the 2nd season in about a month, which is lovely.
The issue made me search further for the Mel Ottenberg works and interviews, which appeared to be pretty absorbing. I've also pinterest-ed Julia Sarr-Jamois and to tell you the truth, who wouldn't like to be her?
I'm always fond of poetically written texts, and the ones in the issue's music spread are very flowery, making the reading amiable. I also liked reading about Vivienne Westwood's marriage, from the husband's perspective, as well as the exhibition Hollywood Costume, showcasted by the V&A in London.

P.S. I was just recalling myself some of the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack songs. Well, that's a serious subject to me since they often have been my life background music for 7 years now. Take Correatown for example, it will be always associated with it. So having now my mind set onto the series, I'm off to wrap myself in blankets with some cheese-paprika-mayonnaise sandwich and watch the latest episode. Hail to Saturdays!


Sunset & Echo by Correatown

Comments

  1. love the magazine!
    fran

    MY NEW HAIRCUT!
    http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/blue-sky-black-new-haircut.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment