Victoria and Albert Museum


For a couple of recent days I've been working on the New York travel diaries for the blog, however, since it takes ages to get through all the photographs, I thought today I'd take a break and make a small post with a somewhat classical undertone. These are actually the last outfit pictures taken in London, so at the same time I'm closing the series. It brings a relief somehow, I was taking those photos without tripod, usually with a camera settled on a bag and with lens vicious towards portraiture. The above ones exhibit the moments in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, with corridors resembling my high school interiors, or the house from Hitchcock's Rebecca, and a rainy day outside.

To accompany the post, I was instantly sure I'd choose a classical music. To be blown away by the geniuses behind classical compositions is a brilliant feeling. Some of my favourites include Allegretto from Beethoven's 7th Symphony or The Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium composed by Camille Saint-Saens. But right now I'm obsessed with the piece Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst, who in the early years of the XX century depicted musically characteristics of the planets in The Planets, Op. 32. I especially love how perfectly it would suit any old Hollywood picture or a fairy tale.





Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity (The Planets, Op. 32) by Gustav Holst

Comments

  1. Fantastic pics !
    I like your blog
    I'm following you now !


    Iván


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sense of style is so right

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment