The garden of earthly delights


The first outfit post of 2013 and I'm already cheating. It was taken back in August last year, when the grass was green and the sun went down late in the evening. My January files cleaning makes me feel like posting more outtakes from 2012.
Even though one moment when shooting this I was suddenly sunken in fumes of sand and dust raised by a passing tractor, I truly enjoyed the location. The driver was so into a nosy observation of my quirks with the camera that he almost run over that beautiful clump of bushes behind me. It was also the same occasion I shot the Child of the corn series.

The other day I was asked to write some commentaries on street style looks shot by a World Press Photo contestant. Out from Tokyo dwellers, my personal favourite outfit featured a skirt worn by a young man. My epiphany was, the skirt looked actually really meanly on him. It kind of broke the sartorial etiquette. Where borders between genders fade and androgyny appears, there is creativity and inspiration.
Gaiters, or leggins, or tights, no etiquette here. Oh boy, and how I love wearing them, and I think I'll never stop. No surprises though, I'm not the first one. Renaissance gentlemen wore skin-fitting trousers and they couldn't look more elegant. Giovanni Battista Moroni portrayed some of them so beautifully.
Here I paired them with my shabby leather brown shoes (*moans* over the fact they'll not live forever), leather bag and an ethereal, soft shirt in a calm shade of grey with tiny vertical stripes.

PS. Regular job aside, I started my week pretty well today, with lures of some little moments smoking a cigarette early in the morning at a snow-covered small park square and listening to the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack. I think I may still be under the enchantments of Steve Schapiro's photography, which is more than good.





Erol Alkan's Extended Rework of Forever Dolphin Love by Connan Mockasin

Comments

  1. I really like your look for fashion and photography that is inspiring, and passes to people. love it all!

    Kisses.

    biaricaldy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're really handsome
    fran

    VERY SWEET LOOK: EARTH TONES
    http://www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/love-is-in-earth-tones.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great style !


    Iván


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ehemmm...i dislike the skinny jeans but fit because you slim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment