En route: memoirs from Barcelona


I think Barcelona was my favourite place in Spain, maybe because it felt somewhat like an European California. The city seems to be very photogenic, the light is always good, after dark the streets are perfectly lit. It's soaked in arts and culture, city dwellers are hearty, sounds of different instruments are ubiquitous on the narrow, paved streets.
When I go back to that time, I think about film, as a craft. I happened to be hosted by a filmmaker, assisted in a film production at La Rambla and Palau de la Música Catalana, and eventually I was making myself some short videos while walking through the streets of Barri Gòtic and Gràcia. Most of the time, my soundtrack to the wanderings was Quadron - a musical duo from Denmark; or Best Coast and Girls, when running madly around Montjuïc.

Personal connotations: filmmaking, a warm evening, sunshine, passion, Gucci Pour Homme, Quadron, solitude, longing, red wine, writing a letter, upmarket chocolates, lunch on a beach, enchantment, new sensations.


Far Cry by Quadron

Comments

Post a Comment