How soon is now?


One of the latest winter looks (I swear, even though there is still snow outside, I find nothing wrong in waiting a year to grab my camera again with frozen fingers, then try painfully to defrost them; I can wait.) I had assembled some vintage or somewhat older pieces to get that, say, washed-out outfit effects. The H&M jeans are washed-out, so is the denim shirt. The black knitted cardigan has been a rescuer on the freezing days, and I thank it a million for sticking with me in those thrilling moments (though is 'stick' a proper word here?) The tie is so vintage that I even don't remember how it has got to my wardrobe. No label either. The parka is a starlet in the ensemble. I adore its deep navy blue hue. It's from a local production and must count also some dozens years. The silhouette it creates appears to be carefree and urban, I love it. And the boots; some close-ups with a brief description (H&M, 60% off) have already appeared in one of the latest posts. But I must add, even though it was quite hard to tame them, I can't get enough of the sound of heel clicks they make. And to make the look even more washed-out, I kind of left my hair untidy, but don't try it in your photos.

The post title actually comes from a song by The Smiths. Currently I'm in a peculiar state of cherishing the likes of Morrissey, David Bowie or Patti Smith. Today at work I was shaking up my shoulders and head to the rhythm of Freddie Mercury's flamboyant voice. I mean, how brilliant is Morrissey in the video for November Spawned A Monster? Or the styling in the video for The Smiths' Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before? I'm crazy about both, but the latter is just so fashionably appealing. The post-James Dean, upturned triangle-shaped hairdos, oversized thick cardigans and parkas or bomber jackets, white tees inserted into rolled up sky-blue jeans, white socks plus smart leather shoes, and round spectacles. All that could make a random dilettante look like a pro. If you haven't, necessarily have a look at the video.

Inspired by the British musical geniuses, I'm off now to have a little research on fashion job opportunities in London, hum to myself (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay to eventually fall soundly asleep watching a night-time episode of New Girl. Don't ask.





How Soon Is Now? by The Smiths

Comments

  1. awesome outfit!! hyped and followed!
    www.letourne-disque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an awesome combo, love how you lace your shoes <3

    www.thechicstyler.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those oxford-like boots! So nice. Love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shoes <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment