It's not spring yet


Although the temperature skyrocketed unexpectedly this week heralding the upcoming spring, I still feel immersed in snows of winter muse, not quite ready for the bright and the warm. Another thing is, scenery-wise, I've shot some snowy outfit pictures that I intend to post shortly in days to come, so I undoubtedly and sincerely allow myself to stay clung to the winter aura. That said, I'm going to keep reading Dostoyevsky, conceal my face in thick scarf and long beanie and edit my winter photos with a steaming mug of cocoa and honey at hand till the very 20th of March (on a side note, I was astounded finding out the other day that the 21st won't be the first day of spring until 2102.)

I'm not a mountain hike type of wanderer, but I do find the outfit options of that kind somewhat interesting (probably because of streams of inspiration from the menswear street style visual reports seen here and there). Anyhow, paradoxically a hiking outfit may look smart. For the occasion of assembling the above ensemble, I chose a flaming blue beanie (I love associating this colour with a gas stove flame,) wayfarer-shaped (ombre) shades, ocean blue plaid flannel shirt, beige chinos, high knitted socks and a new loot - brown leather brogue boots bought at H&M for about 40% of the primary price. As for the backpack, being old and grey, I spiced it up a bit with pinning on some additional brooches.



Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops by Cocteau Twins

Comments

Post a Comment