On a coffee table: 10 Men, S/S 2013


It was a very first time when I held the 10 Men magazine a few weeks ago. Not immersing into how good it feels to smell its smooth pages, I must say, it may easily be my favourite men's fashion magazine. The 33rd issue is dedicated to the cult of youth.
Reading-wise, I've really enjoyed the sharp articles written with that I'm Kate and I don't give a damn attitude. After devouring the Death in Venice-related piece, I can't imagine not reading the book, neither watching the film. Then Max Blagg's article, in which he meditates on the youth of yesterday and today, in cohesion with On the Road-related musings; I adore it. You can also find some David Bowie- or Taxi Driver-related recommendations. There's a good short piece on Calvin Klein's "way to do denim" as well (note to self: try it,) and an analysis on Dolce & Gabbana's Sicilian obsessions.
Visually, I'm glad I've learned something more about the photographer Serge Leblon. His editorial story entitled Teenage Dream is very magical and reflects perfectly its own title. Seeing Anders Soelvsten Thomsen on the pages of editors' street styles photographed between the busy time of seasonal fashion shows was a good impulse to pursue some further research.
Finally, ad-wise, there are three pages featuring Clément Chabernaud, so in that matter it also wins my sincere liking.

Speaking of editorial delights, to whom it may concern, I must apologize you for flooding your Tumblr navigation home page with some photography inspirations today. Anyhow, I couldn't help archiving such greatnesses as the scans of the Barneys campaign from spring 2010, The Look, or Vincent LaCrocq photographed by Pablo Arroyo and styled by Jérome André for L’Officiel Hommes Italia (no. 8, S/S 2013). The latter is just the kind of editorial story I love the most. It makes me so hungry for summer sunlight and wanderlust.


Ho Hey by The Lumineers

Comments

Post a Comment