Opus 100


A couple of weeks ago I came up with an idea that I would make an editorial schedule for the blog. Something like, two posts a week, every Wednesday an outfit posts, every Sunday a photo story. I just felt it would be right for me to take a grip of my lust for creating and actually going somewhere with that fine powers. But as you can deduce from the pictures above (r e s u l t s of some C h r i s t m a s lights photo shoot, M a r c h 3rd), it takes some time for me to select and edit photographs, not to mention that I'm terrible in time management or projects of engaging sorts. But here it is, my attempts to imitate Disney's princesses and queens.

The post title may seem a bit pompous, but this is basically how I wanted to name the 100th entry here. Yes, one hundred posts. Milestone achieved, and nothing else comes to my mind right now than wishing myself another hundred(s). Well, the title was supposed to sound even more noble since I was about to type We can be heroes, following the lyrics of David Bowie's Heroes. When I heard that life-changing and most liberating song when watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower, instantly, my love for the movie could not get any more complete.

In general, lately I've been feeling a kind of nostalgia after something that actually happened before I was born. A statement that David Bowie or Morrissey or The Smiths are superb would be a diminution. Today I was reading Max Blagg's article about the youth of yesterday and the youth of today with reference to Jack Kerouac's On The Road while listening to Patti Smith, which felt so right. I cherish the culture of 1960s to 1980s quite much. To sum things up, I highly recommend to watch Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel to all the fellow fans of vintage fashion photographs that looked more like illustrations and to the ones curious about a backstage of magazine editor's craft of the finest style.


Heroes by David Bowie

Comments

Post a Comment