Summertime


What I love most about Mad Men is its aesthetics accompanied by the well-suited soundtrack. I easily get excited by how the characters and plots were written, but it's the show's old-fashioned style that keeps me glued to the screen. The top of my heart is reached with a song for the closing credits. Be it The Beatles, The Monkees or Janis Joplin. And another perk is, the show makes me hungry for reaching for more information on artist's life and career. Summertime and Piece of My Heart were surely on repeat when reading about Janis. And I always appreciate little moments when the realization comes up: it's not a shop window or an individual I pass by on the street that inspires or influences the way I feel about myself and my looks. What inspires my perception is a true talent of an iconic artist, whether he or she directs films, acts in them, writes songs or pens books.

To be honest, I haven't got a clue where those jeans come from, but when I found them in my brothers' hands, I instantly grabbed them for a day. High waist, carrot cutting, skinny legs, washed-up denim - that's what made me put them on. The white top came up when I felt a sudden desire to play Paul Newman or James Dean.

PS. I've refreshed somewhat the design and layout on the blog. Plus, you may follow it now on Tumblr, Facebook or Bloglovin if you'd like to.



Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin

Comments

Post a Comment