Denim jaunt


Here's my interpretation of a summer festival look. I somehow tend to define a boy's outfit for an outdoor concert through denim and leather and I'd eagerly go all jean, but for that many hours of rambling it'd be just too heavy on my shoulders.
These DIY shorts were my festival certainty, I got them out of cutting some long-forgotten jeans. The vest was also scheduled to be put on, it's a vintage home find. As for the shirt, I had two other favourites to choose: a grey one and a multicoloured one. Since I was going only for one concert happening in the middle of the night, I opted for a black shirt since blacks cooperate with denim blues pretty well to me. Now when I think about it, this shirt is actually 8 years old. Here comes the never-ending dilemma related to clothing storage - avoid or cultivate? The brown leather boots are my newest purchase; they're from Zara. What I love most about them is their floppy leather and stiff heel, which gives a pleasant sound when contacting the concrete.

I bet you've noticed how hollow my eyes are here. I came back home from the concert about 7 AM and after a sleepless night all I could think about was my bed. But well, I was still festival-dressed, the glitter was gracing my tired face, the sun was beautifully rising, so I grabbed a tripod and rushed downstairs to take these style portraits.




Fleetwood Mac's The Chain by Florence and The Machine, live at Glastonbury Festival, 2010

Comments

Post a Comment