La Nuit de L'Homme by YSL


When I was looking for a proper summer fragrance, the priority was freshness. But you have to be careful when it comes to marine or forest scents - it might easily resemble a bathroom freshener. So I wondered, what would make a fresh fragrance stand out from any other sporty waters. The oriental element was a key. That's what drew me to La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent (created by Anne Flipo, Dominique Ropion and Pierre Wargnye).
It's woody, sharply fresh, quite mysterious and intriguing. Its accents include: cardamom, bergamot, cedar, lavender, caumarins, vetiver, black pepper and labdanum. I opted for le parfum instead of eau de toilette to get longer lasting effects. And I've already found the body spot where it harmonizes with my skin best: the nape of my neck, just on the line where hair ends.

My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder

Comments

  1. Nice post, I also did a little review of this aftershave and a few others but felt that it was more of a winter scent more than summer, interesting!

    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/top-5-aftershaves.html

    Sam

    sprksam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! Well, it's quite distinct and might feel heavy for some, but to me its woody notes bring a freshening chill and sweet mint, evoking daydreaming of tales from "One Thousand and One Nights."

      Delete

Post a Comment